[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
NORN KJOKL • View topic - Introduce Yourself

NORN KJOKL

The Orkney & Shetland Norn Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:47 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to our forum, Fabrizio!
Thanks for your interest to our project, your help will be much appreciated!.. just let me think what it can be! Looking forward to your contributions.
(One of your compatriots was at times active on our forum, you can see some of his posts above.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:27 pm 

Thank you very much Hnolt. I sent you a PM with some of the stuff I'm doing in my spare time now.
I also wrote a comment on another post, in the Nynorn section...
Would you mind telling me your opinion on it?

Thank you very much, and keep on with the hard work!

en so mykid j Hiatlande ad segs skillingar ok XL hrentadi leigan a huerium tolf manadum... ok þar til oll ol gogn sidan fyrir vttan kannur ok diska ok potta ok onnur elld gogn er hon mintisk ei huorsu morg voru (Húsavíkarbrøvini, 1403)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:44 pm 

Guðen dag.

My name is Matt, and I live in the United States. I am very interested in anything Nordic, from cultures, languages, runes, etc. I have a good knowledge of Icelandic and Faroese, a basic knowledge of Norwegian and Swedish, and the building blocks of Danish. I also study German and Hungarian. I do believe I have a little Scottish blood in me, but I don't know if it's from Shetland, Orkney, or Mainland (celtic).

Anyway, since I know some Icelandic, I can figure out simple Old Norse texts.
I'm not a hardcore linguist or anything, but I do believe that we should revive Norn, just like almost everyone on this site.

I also plan on writing songs in Nynorn.

Eg elski norn!

(Anyime, feel free to correct my norn, thanks. )

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Gudan dag Matt! Welcome to our forum! Looking forward to your contributions, not least the lyrical ones!

(Eg elska norn - see http://nornlanguage.x10.mx/index.php?nynorn_gr#e212)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:41 am 

Hello y'all!

I already wrote a little about myself in another thread but I'll follow your customs and do it here as well.

My name is Fredrik and I'm 30 years old. I am a swede who lives in Sweden and Gothenburg to be more precise.
I've been interessted in languages since I was about 12 y/o and have studied quite many, more or less.
I like mostly germanic and romance languages but pretty much all indo-european interests me.

I have a weakness for extinct languages and I love gothic :) which is why I work a lot on the revival of it in a form called neogothic.
I have noticed the advantage of norn (compared to gothic) in attempts to revive it.
It became exticnt very recently.
It was spoken in very destinct areas.
The descendants of norn-speakers are still living in the area.

Gothic on the other hand doesn't have a specific area and their descendants doesn't remain "intacts" as they are assimilated since long ago into other nations.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:36 pm 

Hello there!

Welcome aboard!

This Gothic project of yours sounds truly interesting, do you guys have a website or something?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:49 am 

Thank you :)

Yes there has been a yahoo group for discussion for over a decade, similar to this forum. Now it's mostly on facebook.

There's today a german association which I work with together. Their website is: http://www.vereindergotischensprache.de/en/

The site I work on (our swedish website) have I very recently begun to remake from scratch so it's not quite complete yet.
This is my site: http://gutrazda.wordpress.com/ I have used gothic letters pretty much so if you havent got that installed it will appear as squares.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:48 am 

Cheers :)

This is all very interesting! How did you guys managed to open a Gothic part on Verbix?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:07 pm 

I actually don't know who's to thank for the gothic Verbix. I'm just glad it's there ^_^

But I have been a bit responsible for the gothic wikipedia and am currently one of those who work on it.

Just wrote a little on a article about norn :)

https://got.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Frederik, welcome to our forum, great to see people who share the same interest as us!

I hope you've seen a link to another Gothic revival website that we placed on one of our pages: http://www.geocities.ws/erwan-ar-skoul/modgoth.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next