Switch to full style
Technical questions, introductions and other non-linguistic topics that has to do with the "Norn Language" and "Norn-English" websites & this forum
Post a reply

WARNING!! MALWARE ON FORUMUP!!!

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Dear visitors, please be very careful, as our service provider ForumUp is infected with some kind of virus:

http://staff.forumup.com/about16962-staff.html

Avoid opening pop-ups, suspicious links and ads as they can contain malware which can make a serious damage to your computer. Today one of our visitors told us that he got a virus from a pop-up coming from our forum (well, blame ForumUp, not Kjokl!!!) which suspended his computer resulting in reboot. I've noticed some suspicious activities of these pop-ups myself (like hidden download of unwanted files). Unregistered users are especially prone to this kind of attacks (don't think I say this to urge you to register, this is just plain truth).

And don't hesitate to do an antivirus scan on your computer, in case there's something suspicious... whether you have just been on this forum or not.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm often asked these days whether it is safe to login to the forum.

As far as I know, the answer is yes, it is safe. It's even safer to be logged in as it gives a better protection against these ads (for the reasons unknown to me) than to be unlogged (read my previous message) .

But still, have your antivirus turned on and never press obscure and suspicious links.

We might move to another forum in a matter of days. Now I'm writing a program which will copy all threads from this forum to the new one, so that we won't loose a single post.

Re: WARNING!! MALWARE ON FORUMUP!!!

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:30 am

Hej Hnolt.
Is this a new problem or is it the post from the old forum? If it is the old i think you should make a note above the text, in order not to scare people away.

Re: WARNING!! MALWARE ON FORUMUP!!!

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:13 pm

No problems on this forum at all, I'll just delete this and other similar messages.
Post a reply